CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
CQS is strongly committed to giving back to South Africa and are proud to be part of various fundraising initiatives and charity drives. CQS staff also run various collections throughout the year including The Winter Collection for blankets and food and a toy drive for underprivileged children.
CSR initiatives throughout the last year include:
- SAICA Thuthuka Bursary Fund: The purpose of the project is to annually place between 250 – 300 fully bursared Black African and Coloured students at selected SAICA-accredited universities in cohorts of 50 per university on special undergraduate BCom Accounting education programmes.
- Nelson Mandela Day
- Casual Day: Casual Day is a FUNdraising project benefiting persons with disabilities which CQS takes part in yearly.
- Thusanani Childrens Foundation: Thusanani is an NGO that provides specialist Paediatric services, Occupational and Speech and Hearing Therapy to abandoned and vulnerable babies living in Childrens Homes in Gauteng. These services support long term placement of these children.
- Afrika Tikkun: Afrika Tikkun is an NGO that provides education, health and social services to children, youth and their families through centres of excellence in South African Townships.
- Charity Calendar 2013 by Lex van Vught: Zola Malnutrition & Rehab Creches of the ACFS, The Ikholwa Children’s Homes, Sunlight Safehouses
Staff Initiatives include:
- Winter Blanket Drive: Every winter CQS staff get together and collect loads of blankets. The staff then hit the streets to hand out the blankets to people on the streets without homes.
- Movember: During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces around the world. The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men. Every year men and women at CQS get involved in this worthy cause.
- Cansa Shavathon: Every year many of our staff members take part in the annual Cansa Shavon in support of the fight against cancer.
- Hillbrow Berea Home of Hope for young girls: An initiative lead by one of our employees where many staff donate groceries, money, clothes, etc.
Thank you CQS, your partnership with us means a lot to us. Thank you for always wanting to do something for those less privileged than yourselves. We are excited to have you as part of our Argus and 94.7 team. God bless you and CQS for all you do for us and the beneficiaries we support.